Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am at home, had a great dinner, getting for bed and long hot shower. I stil haven't come to grip with this drip. It is hard to talk with out breaking down and tearing up. It has impacted me like nothing else ever has. The pain, suffering and hopelessness is unimagineable. The screams of pain I heard through out the day and night. The look of terror in their faces when the tremors came are for ever imprinted in my mind. I am at peace with being home because Dr Vanderpool whom combed the area looking for patients said he found few that needed acute care. So they majority that neede lifesaving care are taken care of. In addtion their are many volunters coming in to take my place. This has been an exhausting week emotionally and physically. I stepped in along three other CRNA's that had been holding up remarkably well. The observation of this trip is that the government is inefficent with stacks of relief goods sitting on the Tarmac undelivered. Where as the Christian people and private corporations stepped up to help. Truly remarkable. Thank everyone for support and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment